Healthy living is paramount for mission readiness. The Department of Defense recognizes the need for service members and their families to maintain optimal health and provides numerous benefits and incentives to promote wellness. While Help to Military Moms does not provide health care services, it does offer non-medical counseling and information about health care services and benefits.
Help to Military Moms health and wellness coaches
You can be more successful in reaching your maximum health potential when you have a coach cheering you on.
- Help to Military Moms health and wellness coaches stand ready to be your personal cheerleader to lose weight, eat better, get in shape, manage stress, tackle transitions and more.
- Health and wellness coaches help you clarify your focus, keep you on course, celebrate your achievements and prepare you for the unexpected.
- Call 800-342-9647 or click here for overseas calling options to sign up for health and wellness coaching sessions.
Help to Military Moms Non-medical Counseling
- Help to Military Moms provides confidential non-medical counseling services via telephone, face-to-face, online or through a secure live video session.
- To schedule a non-medical counseling session, call Help to Military Moms at 800-342-9647 or click here for overseas calling options.
- If the consultant determines the service is right for you, you will be authorized for up to 12 counseling sessions and connected with a professional that best suits your needs.
- If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat by texting to 838255.
Buying healthy foods at the commissary can offer you great savings compared to shopping at other locales. Understand that:
- Food and household items are sold at cost plus a five percent surcharge.
- On average, shoppers can save more than 30 percent compared to shopping in town.
- You can also find savings of 50 percent or more during the commissary customer appreciation case lot sales.
- Save by loading your Commissary Rewards Card with coupons, promotions and discount savings.
Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program
- Your installation’s Morale, Welfare and Recreation program, or MWR, offers benefits such as fitness classes, sports teams, golf courses, outdoor recreation programs and equipment, and more. Contact your installation’s MWR to find out more.
Information, Tickets and Travel Office
- The Information Tickets and Travel Office offers discount ticket sales for everything from rock concerts to sporting events.
- A division of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation program, this office is located on many installations and provides one-stop shopping for savings on day trips and tours, area attractions, special events, lodging, entertainment and destination attraction tickets.